Training Officer, Narok
Job Title: Training Officer
Grade: AH 7
Reports to: Project officer
Staff reporting to this role: None
Liaises with: Program Officer
Duty Station: Narok with travel to field sites within the county
Purpose of the role
Support in the training components for innovative livelihoods improvement initiatives among the women headed micro enterprises, production and marketing of livestock and livestock related products and economic empowerment of youths. The aim will be the overall establishment of sustainable, innovative enterprises. The approaches to be used will be through participatory methodologies, value chain development, linkage and access to markets. H/she communicates organizational vision, mission and core values. Coordinates the design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects with the team.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide strategic direction and create implementation plans for training activities assigned within the MCLIP project
• Generate and share comprehensive and detailed projects monthly work schedules, reports, cash forecasts, monitor and report on projects budgets utilization.
• Organize internal and external matters of the MCLIP training activities in relation to entrepreneurship while keeping records of the training progress as per the project document.
• Support the process of projects monitoring and review, documenting and sharing best practices and lesson.
• Assist in the creation of concept notes and proposals for Mara programs
• Design training and development program for the project based on training needs of community groups and individual components learning programs
• Monitor and review the progress of the target groups through questionnaires and Focus Group discussions
• Work in a team to produce work plans that are satisfactory to all stakeholders
• Responsible for coordination, implementation, monitoring and Evaluation of projects capacity building components in collaboration with the Narok County respective departments
• Develop the training modules and relate them to the projects entrepreneurship activities and provide follow up and mentorship to the beneficiaries till they are able to apply skills in their businesses.
• Provide adequate and timely technical guidance, supervision, capacity building and management support for the Project team.
• Compile weekly and monthly training reports and highlight on progress and discrepancies in implementation.
• Manage resources related to training: both financial and organizational assets and accounting accordingly.
• Take lead in follow up of the groups trained, capturing data and analysing to measure the impact created.
• Any other duty as may be assigned by the line manager from time to time.
• A Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences preferably in Entrepreneurship, Economics, Marketing, Commerce, SMES or any other relevant field
Minimum relevant experience required
• At least 3 years of progressive programming experience including understanding of and ability to promote empowering and developmental models in pastoral community work through highly effective value chain development participatory methodologies
• Experience in co-operatives development and management will be an added advantage.
• Strong participatory methodologies facilitation skills including an ability to confidently and strongly engage community groups with limited formal education, use of the REFLECT methodology as a tool for literacy and numeracy is essential.
• Proven credibility, integrity and professionalism – demonstrates these characteristics at all times.
• Exercises sound judgment and political sensitivity – especially in relation to the community organization, local governments etc.
• Ability to work with a team, foster a team approach at all times
• Ability to analyse and utilize projects development gaps for designing Programs
• Ability to handle multiple projects, set priorities, meet deadlines, and maintain a high level of performance in a fast-paced environment.
Interested candidates should email application letter and CV (with 3 referees) addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received by 25th May, 2018. The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for. Due to the urgency of the position shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis. AAH-I is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank candidates for their high interest in the opportunities we publish on our website. Due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only get back to shortlisted candidates.