Job Title: Project Officer-Child Protection (Ref.2018/014)
Department: Mwendo Project - Programming
Reports To: Child Protection Advisor
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners, people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
CRS has worked in Kenya since 1965. Over the years, CRS’ focus shifted from direct relief and food distributions to a comprehensive development program that works with partners and enhances local capacity. CRS Kenya programs now support children affected by HIV, and community-based efforts to increase household incomes, improve family health and sanitation, and enhance agriculture livelihoods.
CRS is implementing a 5-year orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) program, MWENDO, which seeks to empower local and county-level OVC stakeholders to strengthen the formal and informal HIV and child protection systems and services and the linkages between them, including cross-sectoral service referrals and coordination to ensure quality service delivery for OVC and their households.
As a key member of the MWENDO Project Cluster team, you will monitor and report on all project activities related to child protection with respect to OVC in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve. You will coordinate closely with other Mwendo Project Officers to contribute to a holistic, integrated, and comprehensive project implementation.
· Support the coordination, implementation, and monitoring of all assigned Child protection project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
· Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Assist local implementing partners (LIPs) in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
· Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting LIPs in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools. Collaborate with LIPs to prepare reports on child protection per established reporting schedule.
· Collect information on staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of LIPs. Provide technical support and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
· Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices. Actively engage in dissemination and use of relevant knowledge in the field.
· Represent CRS in meetings at county and cluster levels, working groups, and other events as requested, to support forging relations with the GOK, LIPs, other stakeholders, and the community.
· Ensure accurate and timely reporting of all assigned project activities per donor and CRS standards and established schedules.
· Support in the implementation of the child protection policy/child safeguarding policy ensuring that all project-affiliated persons in contact with OVC are trained on and conform to CRS’s Protection Policy and Code of Conduct, Keeping Children Safe standards, USAID child safeguarding and the Minimum Services Standards for Quality Improvement of OVC Programs.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
Required/Desired Foreign Language
Able to clearly communicate in written and spoken English
60% of the time to MWENDO project sites
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Mwendo Leadership, Child Protection Advisor, and MEAL Team.
External: GOK, IPs, other stakeholders, and the community
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Trusting Relationships
· Professional Growth
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Applications indicating the reference number of position applied for and CV including day-time contact phone numbers, as well as names and contact information of three references should reach the below-mentioned by Close of Business Wednesday, February 28, 2018
Human Resources Manager
Catholic Relief Services – Kenya Program
E-mail : Crskenyaemail@example.com.
Note: Catholic Relief Services (CRS) does not charge any fees from applicants for any recruitment. Further, CRS has not retained any agent in connection with this recruitment. CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation
Subscribe to our monthly email to keep up to date with the latest products, tech tips and industry news.
Inter-Agency Working Group on disaster Preparedness for East and Central Africa (IAWG)
P.O. Box 14762- 00800 Westlands Nairobi, Kenya Tel:+254 (20) 418 0403/4/5
Physical location, Lower Kabete Road (Ngecha Junction).