FH Kenya a Christian relief and development agency seeks to fill the following vacant position:
Job Title: Multi Sector Facilitator (1)
Reports To: Youth Advisor
Contract period: one year
Application deadline: 20th August 2019
VALUES, VISION, AND PURPOSE
At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call “The Heartbeat.” This includes our Values, Vision, and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as an organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.
POSITION IN THE ORGANIZATION
The Multi Sector Facilitator reports hierarchically to the Youth Advisor.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Implement the Koota Injena project by conducting youth empowerment activities in accordance to the project guidelines
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key result #1-Implementation of operational plans, projects and programs and meeting quality standards.
1. Establish and maintain relationships with community leaders, local churches and families in work area.
2. Assist in undertaking participatory planning and monitoring of youth empowerment interventions with target groups and beneficiaries
3. Mobilize participants and organize youth camps for in school and out of school youth in the target areas
4. Facilitate youth mentorship, peer to peer dialogue and social media communications activities as planned
5. Coordinate nomination of youth for school, vocational and apprenticeship scholarships and payment
6. Facilitate formation of Self Help Groups among the target population
7. Undertake linkages and referrals of target groups to relevant services and support
8. Establish, coordinate, and maintain relationships with all community structures and groups in work area who are charged with thematic roles such as security groups, water users associations, environmental committees, DRR committees and others as relevant.
9. Assist target communities/populations to optimize their use of knowledge & resources available to them in order to improve the well- being of their children.
10. Monitor and report on whether the trained youth are accomplishing action plans and whether this is translating into progressing toward project objectives.
Key result #2- Documentation and program reports
1. Establish and maintain all project and activity documents in the area of operation.
2. Compile timely monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual progress reports as required.
3. Conduct and compile periodical monitoring of key activities such as SHG health monitoring too and community leaders checklist among others.
Key result #3- Program support duties
1. Mobilize the church, leaders and families towards understanding and supporting FH/K objectives and philosophy
2. Maintain relationships within all FH/K stakeholders in the field with a view of enhancing FH/K to fulfill strategy.
3. Recommend areas in which FH/K can use its expertise in knowledge development to assist target communities develop their capacity
4. Supervise, train and mentor any interns and volunteers placed under this position.
1. Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ
2. Excellent inter personal relationship
3. Excellent communications skills – both oral and written
4. Motorbike rider with valid license
5. Should understand child development
6. Should be conversant with Samburu language and must be a resident of Samburu East preferably Wamba Ward.
1. Appreciates and understands the importance of facilitation versus teaching.
2. Able to command respect from local government and community/church leaders.
3. Experience in training adults, especially leaders, in a community setting.
4. Highly motivated, self- starter able to work on own initiative in difficult conditions
5. Passionate about helping the most vulnerable
6. Fluency in the local language
1. Flexibility and Multicultural
2. Ability to Teach/Facilitate
3. Social sensitivity
4. Skilled in planning for and conducting Field Work
5. Demonstrates leadership
6. Skilled in building and maintaining Relationships
7. Ability for Problem Solving and Decision Making
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Degree or Higher Diploma Holder in social work/community development/project management with 3 years’ experience working in an NGO set up.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications (clearly indicating their current or expected salary), updated CV with three referees, day telephone contacts to: Human Resource Manager Email address:
firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th August 2019 COB.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.