URGENT VACANT POSITION: MULTI SECTOR FACILITATOR
FH Kenya a Christian relief and development agency seeks to fill the following vacant position:
Post Title: Multi sector Facilitator
Location: Obbu, Sololo Cluster
Reports to: Area Supervisor
Contract Duration: One year - renewable
Applications closing date 20th January 2020
VALUES, VISION, AND PURPOSE
At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call “The Heartbeat.” This includes our Values, Vision, and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as an organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.
POSITION IN THE ORGANIZATION
The Multi Sector Facilitator reports hierarchically to the Area Supervisor.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Implement the sector activities in accordance to FH’s Child Focused Community Transformation (CFCT) Model of Implementation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
Key result #1-Implementation of program activities.
- Facilitate community training and compilation of Community Transformation plan and its periodical updates.
- Assist target communities/populations to optimize their use of knowledge & resources available to them in order to improve the wellbeing of their children.
- Organizes the formation of Self Help Groups in the community and train the SHGs ensuring the understanding of the SHG concept and quality is maintained.
- Organizes the formation of target groups such as leaders, church leaders, youth and mother care groups among others in the community and trains them using approved curriculum
- Assist area supervisors to undertake participatory planning and implement training modules in the target communities.
- Monitor and report on whether the trained Groups, leaders and community members are accomplishing action plans and whether this is translating into meeting the needs of the intended beneficiaries.
- Walk with the groups, leaders and community members, encourages them and supports everyone with ideas to respond well in their roles.
Key result #2- Documentation and program reports
- Keep updated about FH registered beneficiaries in the target area ensuring they are reached by interventions and provide feedback to the cluster on accomplishment of objectives/goals
- Establish and maintain all project and activity documents in the area of operation.
- Keep records of all activities implemented.
- Compile timely monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual progress reports as required. 5. Conduct and compile SHG health monitoring checklist and community leaders’ checklist.
Key result #3- Program support duties
- Mobilize the church, leaders and families towards understanding and supporting FH/K objectives and philosophy
- Maintain relationships within all FH/K stakeholders in the field with a view of enhancing FH/K to fulfill strategy.
- Recommend areas in which FH/K can use its expertise in knowledge development to assist target communities develop their capacity
- Supervise, train and mentor any interns and volunteers placed under this position.
•Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ
•Excellent inter personal relationship
•Excellent communications skills – both oral and written •Highly motivated, self-starter able to work on own initiative in difficult conditions
•Motorbike rider with valid license
•Should understand child development
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Degree or Diploma Holder in social work/community development/project management with 3 years’ experience working in an NGO set up.
Proficiency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili. Computer literacy a must. Proficiency in the Local language is key for effective working with the community.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications (clearly indicating their current or expected salary), updated CV with three referees, day telephone contacts to: Human Resource Manager Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 20th January 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.