Position Title: MuleSoft Developer
Location: Any country of successful candidate from Latin America, North America, Asia Pacific, or Africa
WVI Job Link: https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/united-states/information-technology/mulesoft-developer/12642
Contact person: Pia Genonangan
MuleSoft Developer role work on multiple small to large, complex projects as a team member, sometimes as a project lead. This role will work closely with clients, business analysts and team members to understand the business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization’s architectural standards. Involves in the full systems life cycle and therefore are responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing and supporting application software that is delivered on time and within budget. Responsibilities beyond development of software may include participation in component and data architecture design, technology planning, product evaluation, advanced testing processes and buy vs. build recommendations. Individuals also provide input to project plans related to the Application Development initiative. Must have a strong knowledge of programming languages used by the organization. They have experience in systems design and have a solid understanding of development, database development, testing, and integration methodologies. Knowledge of current and emerging IT products, services and processes is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Programming/Systems, Computer Science, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Requires knowledge of advanced programming techniques and application design on the Mulesoft cloudHub platform (version 4.x).
- Requires 3 – 5 years of Mulesoft 3.x – 4.x-programming experience.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, as necessary.
- Familiarity with industry development best practices.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
- Knowledge of distributed systems architecture, middleware or object oriented analysis and design.
- Preferred experience with dev Ops tools as a developer, some experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment (CICD) and GIT.
- Complete Travel and/or Work Environment statements if applicable.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
- Participates in project planning process with IT business analysts and team members.
- May develop work plan timelines and manages workflows to meet project timeframes.
- Identifies technical requirements.
- Creates technical design specifications and assists in sizing technical requirements.
CODE AND TEST:
- Codes applications using a disciplined development process and in accord with the company’s standard development process (SDLC).
- Integrates solutions with other applications and platforms outside the framework.
- Creates data extracts and reports from system-based requirements.
- Develops, executes and documents test plans.
- Assists in the deployment of new modules, upgrades and fixes to the production environment.
- Makes modules production-ready by moving them to libraries, completing forms, following procedures, completing version control documents, etc.
- Provides ongoing maintenance of applications.
- Participates in review sessions where patterns of development and break/fix metrics are reviewed as part of standard process for optimizing IT development processes.
- Provides Level 2 and 3-production support.
- Troubleshoots existing information systems to identify errors or deficiencies and develops solutions.
- Evaluates existing applications and platform and provides recommendations for improving application performance by conducting gap analysis, identifying feasible alternative solutions, and assisting in the scope of modifications.
- Documents functions and changes to new or modified modules and test activities/results.
- Assists in the development of user guides and training documentation for systems.
- Adheres to standards and procedures.
- Reviews modules for quality assurance and checks compliance with applications standards and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
TECHNOLOGY EVALUATION AND RESEARCH:
- May evaluate new application packages and tools and perform research on best practices.
- Provides recommendations for solutions.
- Provides technical coaching and mentoring to less-experienced team members.