Job Title: ICT Officer
Duration: 12 months with potential for extension.
Location: South Sudan.
Reports to: Deputy Country Director
Medair is a humanitarian organization inspired and motivated by Christian faith to relieve human suffering in some of the world’s most remote and devastated places. We bring relief and recovery to people in crisis, regardless of race, creed or nationality. As signatories of the Red Cross Code of Conduct, we believe that aid should be given to everyone who is in need, regardless of political, social or religious viewpoint. We save lives in emergencies and then stay to help people recover from crisis with dignity—working side by side with communities to leave a lasting impact. We provide a range of emergency relief and recovery services: health care and nutrition; safe water, sanitation, and hygiene; shelter and infrastructure.
The post holder will be responsible for software management, support and ICT of the country programme including Juba base and field locations..
Specific Job Duties:
- Provide ICT hardware and software support to all project locations by:
- Imaging and repairing laptops as required
- Maintaining printers and other peripherals in good working order
- Troubleshooting problems with hardware and software, finding quick and cost-effective solutions that is suitable for the context
- Contribute to the in-country ICT Strategy, ensuring it remains relevant and applicable to the local context
- Support the management of ICT related assets through budgeting, procurement and tracking.
- Ensure all laptops are correctly and appropriately configured with the necessary software
- Authorise technical specifications, purchase and implementation of ICT equipment in line with the project budgets and in consultation with the field management team and both Medair HQ ICT and Logistics Department
- Work with medair HQ ICT Department in the implementation of ICT related projects, as applicable to the country programme
- Manage disposal of redundant ICT equipment and compiling the necessary paperwork
- Provide appropriate ICT training for Medair staff, through one-to-one coaching and taught sessions. This may include basic introduction to Windows and Office Applications, email and internet use and simple repairs etc.
- Training staff on the systems used within Medair; ensuring accurate data entry and the importance of the flow of information
Key Skills and Knowledge
- Hardware knowledge including laptops, printers, network routers
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Operating System (7 and 10) and Microsoft Office Applications: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Working Knowledge of Google Docs
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Education: Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/related field.
- Experience: Two years of relevant experience in Information Technology preferably in a humanitarian context.
- Working knowledge of python, google docs, C++ PHP, Java and any other programming language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate high level of initiative, diplomacy, and tact
- Must be flexible and be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Has a track record in problem solving and prioritize responsibilities.
Instructions on how to Apply:
This is an intriguing opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional. Interested candidates please submit;
- Detailed and updated C.V.
- Cover letter describing how you consider yourself suitable against the main responsibilities. Please also include your remuneration requirements and availability.
- Submit your application titled ‘ICT Officer’ to
email@example.com by Friday 14th June 2019 only short listed candidates will be contacted.