Finance Coordinator ( Kenya Nationals Only) - Kenya
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has been present in Somalia since early 2004 and has since expanded its Horn of Africa Programme to Kenya in 2006 and to populations.
The Regional Office is based in Nairobi, Kenya with offices and operations in Ethiopia in 2011. Since 2004, the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has demonstrated a regional competence and expertise in working with displaced Somalia (Puntland, Somaliland and Mogadishu), Kenya (Dadaab and Kakuma ), Ethiopia (Addis Ababa, Dolo Ado, Shire,Gambella and Asosa), South Sudan (Juba, Awil, Alek and Aweril) and Yemen (Sa’naa and Aden).
The NRC Horn of Africa & Yemen mission is an expanding programme. NRC started its operations in Kenya in the refugee camps in Dadaab in February 2007. NRC has WASH, Shelter, Education, Food Security and Livelihood and Information Counselling and Legal Assistant programmes implemented in the refugee camps in Dadaab, Kakuma and Mandera.
The purpose of the Finance Coordinator is to provides support in ensuring that NRC Kenya Mission consistently complies with all the legal regulations, financial requirements and humanitarian standards set by NRC and its donor partners, while ensuring that the Country Office has effective governance, risk management and control system are in place.
Finance Coordinator reports to the Finance Manager
CANDIDATES SHOULD APPLY ON LINE BY GOING THROUGH www.nrc.no. EMAIL AND PAPER APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
• Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at KCO level
• Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements
• Prepare and submit reports and analysis
• Ensure proper filing of all support documents
• Support line managers in procedures and require support team trainings
• Management of support team
• Ensure that the accounting, monitoring and reporting are according to procedures
• Support project staff in financial matters
• Maintain budget control and monitor cash flow for the area
• Ensure development and implementation of administrative systems and procedures
• Assist the Finance Manager in maintaining overall Kenya Programme Financial Management - budget control and monitoring, cash flows and expenditures management, and financial accounting and reporting
• Conduct training in financial management and monitoring for the Finance Officers in the Area offices, Specialists, Budget holders/Coordinators and other relevant project personnel
• Oversee all financial requests made by the projects, and ensure that NRC’s external financial obligations are met
• Conduct regular field trips to Area Offices for monitoring purposes, compliance checks, conducting training or identifying need for training
• Risk Management -ensure financial risks in CO are well managed and be focal person for all compliance related matters
• Assist the Country Director in investigations, as and when needed
• Focal person for audits and ensure recommendations are implemented
• Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPAK).
• Good knowledge of financial reporting systems in donor funded work
• At least 4 years’ experience with large donor funded projects- grants management & reporting
• Strict attention to policy and practice detail
• High integrity
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Ability to function independently and as a work team leader/facilitator
• Excellent computer skills with hands on experience on computerized accounting systems; and Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
• Experience from working as a Finance Coordinator in a humanitarian/recovery context
• Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Education field: Finance / Economics
Education level: College / University, Bachelor's degree
• Managing resources to optimize results
• Managing performance and development
• Initiating action and change
• Handling insecure environments
Duty station: Nairobi
Contract period s for 12 months with possibility of extension.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Nairobi.
Travel: Some travelling must be expected
Follow link to apply: https://bit.ly/2v8BWUm