CHILD RELATIONS OFFICER ADVERT
Food for the Hungry-Kenya is a Christian relief and development agency seeks to fill the following vacant position:
Job Title: Child Relations Officer
Reports To: Sponsor Relations Officer
Location: Balesa, Marsabit. Lowlands Cluster
Contract Period: One year (renewable)
Deadline for applications: 20th September 2019
VALUES, VISION, AND PURPOSE
At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call “The Heartbeat.” This includes our Values, Vision, and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as an organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.
POSITION IN THE ORGANIZATION
The Child Relations Officer reports hierarchically to the Sponsor Relations Officer, and administratively to the Area Supervisor.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Manages a location as defined by FH establishing and maintaining relationships between beneficiaries and sponsors making proper use of tools, keeping beneficiary databases and coordinating with the Sponsorship Coordinator, in order to maintain a fluid communication system between sponsored children and sponsors, ensuring deadlines and goals (quantitative and qualitative).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develop relationships with beneficiaries and the leadership of the community to ensure an effective link between those who are sponsored and their sponsors.
2. Collect the enrollment information of those individuals being sponsored (i.e. case histories, photos, etc.-) meet deadlines provided and follow sponsorship guidelines and policies.
3. Manage correspondence flow between sponsors/those sponsored (deliver and collect correspondences and other pieces of communication) in the community in a timely manner.
4. Ensure that all correspondence follows FH’s Child Protection Policy.
5. Ensure content is quality according to sponsorship guidelines for all correspondence coming from a sponsored individual.
6. Keep each sponsored individual's file updated and secure per the sponsorship guidelines (i.e. photos, case history, intro letter, signed agreement, etc.-)
7. Coordinate medical checkup for sponsored and other children in the beneficiary community and conduct periodical home visits aimed at meeting psycho social needs.
8. Organize and conduct child and community empowerment activities such as children clubs, home visits, Bible study and other activities for the children and their guardians.
1. As part of the FH team , obtain information about FH/K work in the target area/region to keep updated on the progress of activities and any arising issues and respond accordingly when interacting with sponsored children and their families
2. Establish and maintain sponsorship and activity documents.
3. Keep records of all activities being implemented whether program or child sponsor communication related
4. Compile timely monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual progress reports as required.
5. Establish a family database and Compile a family analysis report and update it periodically or as necessary
6. Establish the files for sponsored children and keep them in safe custody.
1. Support the mobilization of the church, leaders and families towards understanding and supporting FH/K objectives and philosophy
2. Maintain relationships within all FH/K Sectors in the field with a view of enhancing FH/K to fulfill strategy.
3. Identify need and recommend areas in which FH/K can use its expertise in knowledge development to assist target communities develop their capacity
4. Supervise, train and mentor any interns and volunteers placed under you.
· Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ
· Excellent inter personal relationship
· Excellent communications skills – both oral and written
· Highly motivated, self-starter able to work on own initiative in difficult conditions
· Motorbike rider with valid licence
· Should understand child development
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Diploma Holder in social work/community development/project management or its equivalent with 3 years’ experience working in ASAL areas.
Proficiency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili and conversant with the local language.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications (clearly indicating their current or expected salary), updated CV with three referees, day telephone contacts to: Human Resource Manager Email address:
firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 20th September 2019.
NB: FOOD FOR THE HUNGRY (FH KENYA) DOES NOT SOLICIT ANY TYPE OF PAYMENT FOR JOB APPLICATIONS OR HIRING PROCESSES.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Subscribe to our monthly email to keep up to date with the latest products, tech tips and industry news.
Inter-Agency Working Group on disaster Preparedness for East and Central Africa (IAWG)
P.O. Box 14762- 00800 Westlands Nairobi, Kenya Tel:+254 (20) 418 0403/4/5
Physical location, Lower Kabete Road (Ngecha Junction).